IMFS on ram-disk

Ian Caddy ianc at goanna.iinet.net.au
Tue Jul 24 09:19:02 UTC 2018

Hi Udit,

While I am not familiar with your exact setup, we had issues with larger
files on the IMFS using RTEMS4.10.

We discovered that there is a default max size of an IMFS file which is
around 4.3MBytes.

It can be changed by changing the bytes per block in the CONFDEFS:

/* IMFS file system block size increase to make max file size
68,173,568, instead of 4,329,344  */
#define CONFIGURE_IMFS_MEMFILE_BYTES_PER_BLOCK 256

We performed this update to increase the maximum file size as shown above.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Ian Caddy