Changing the default block size of FAT on RAM-disk

Udit agarwal dev.madaari at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 23:32:34 UTC 2018

Hi all,
I need to change the default block size of FAT to, say 1024. By default,
the block size of FAT(on a ramdisk) is 512 as stated here:
https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/TBR/UserManual/Using_the_RTEMS_DOS_File_System#RAMDisk
and that's what 'blkstats /dev/rda' showed.

I couldn't find any relevant parameter in msdos_format
<https://github.com/RTEMS/rtems/blob/master/cpukit/libmisc/shell/main_msdosfmt.c#L25>
or in msdos_format_request_param_t
<https://docs.rtems.org/doxygen/branches/master/structmsdos__format__request__param__t.html>
with which i can change the block size. Initially i was a bit suspicious
about the effect of sectors_per_cluster field so i tried changing it, but
that didn't had any subsequent change in block size.

BTW, my ramdisk configuration has block_size=512, block_count=262144 and
platform is BBB.
--
Regards,
Udit kumar agarwal