4.11 RSB was Re: rsb

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Sat Jul 7 20:10:11 UTC 2018

On 8/7/18 3:47 am, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Chris.. hoping you see this..

Just now, I am back in NZ for the week.

> I started a test of 4.10 before the server was shut down to be moved
> to OAR's new location yesterday but not 4.11.
>
> On Fri, Jul 6, 2018 at 7:07 PM, Siddons, David <siddons at bnl.gov
> <mailto:siddons at bnl.gov>> wrote:
>
>     The RSB installed OK. I tried to then get the 4.11 branch, assuming that was
>     the latest released branch. However, it couldn't find it:
>
>     ../source-builder/sb-set-builder --prefix=/home/peter/development/rtems/4.11
>     4.11/rtems-arm
>     bash: ../source-builder/sb-set-builder: No such file or directory

It is hard to say without seeing all the shell output, for example what $PWD is.

>     Changing 4.11 to 5 resulted in a good build. So what happened to 4.11?

I had a quick look at 5 and I cannot see http in the git source path ..

https://git.rtems.org/rtems-source-builder/tree/rtems/config/tools/rtems-kernel-4-1.cfg#n84

... so I am finding the http in the git URL confusing. I am not sure what else I
can without more information.

>     Do I now have to install the kernel source by hand, and build it like in the
>     old style? I couldn't see it anywhere in the resultant tree.

Building the kernel should work. It is now not enabled by default in releases
which is a change.

For 4.11 I suggest you try a release ..

 https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/releases/4.11/4.11.3/

Chris