wrong behavior binary semaphore

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri Nov 30 11:53:06 UTC 2018

On 30/11/2018 11:55, Arturo Perez Garcia wrote:
> Hello, thanks for the feedback. I checked the confdefs file and the
> macro CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_SEMAPHORES is set to 0 by default. I don't
> know why I didn't get those errors.

I used the RTEMS master to run the test. In RTEMS 4.11 the default
configuration contains some semaphores may be used by the system.

> Once RTEMS is correctly configured. Did you obtain the same results as
> me?

task 1 start
ld adq by kernel. kern_1
ld rel by kernel. kern_1
exe adq by kernel: kern_1
sleeping kernel : kern_1
task 2 start
exe rel by kernel: kern_1
ld adq by kernel. kern_2
exe adq by kernel: kern_1
sleeping kernel : kern_1
ld rel by kernel. kern_2
exe rel by kernel: kern_1
exe adq by kernel: kern_2
sleeping kernel : kern_2
exe adq by kernel: kern_1
sleeping kernel : kern_1
exe rel by kernel: kern_2
exe rel by kernel: kern_1
exe adq by kernel: kern_2
sleeping kernel : kern_2
exe adq by kernel: kern_1
sleeping kernel : kern_1
exe rel by kernel: kern_2
exe rel by kernel: kern_1

Looks all right to me considering that task 1 has a higher priority than
task 2 and the semaphore uses FIFO ordering.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09