wrong behavior binary semaphore

Arturo Perez Garcia arturo.perez at upm.es
Fri Nov 30 14:23:27 UTC 2018

Hello,

I did more tests using the same source files. But modifying the priority
of the threads and the scheduling algorithm used in the creation of the
semaphore. What I was expecting (and what I need) is this:

task 1 start
ld adq by kernel. kern_1
ld rel by kernel. kern_1
exe adq by kernel: kern_1
sleeping kernel : kern_1
task 2 start
exe rel by kernel: kern_1
ld adq by kernel. kern_2
ld rel by kernel. kern_2
exe adq by kernel: kern_1
sleeping kernel : kern_1
exe rel by kernel: kern_1
exe adq by kernel: kern_2
sleeping kernel : kern_2
exe rel by kernel: kern_2
exe adq by kernel: kern_1
sleeping kernel : kern_1
exe rel by kernel: kern_1
exe adq by kernel: kern_2
sleeping kernel : kern_2

Where the semaphore is sequentially obtained and released by the same
thread each time it has been acquired.

I was supposing that once a semaphore is acquired by one task, it could
not be obtained by another task until it was released by the first task
that acquired it; independently of the tasks priorities. Now, looking at
the test results I can affirm that there are no errors in RTEMS and my
supposition was wrong.

Thanks so much for the support Sebastian.

Regards.

Arturo Perez Garcia - arturo.perez at upm.es

Researcher
Center of Industrial Electronics