RTEMS scheduler bug ?

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Thu Apr 4 13:23:59 UTC 2019

On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 7:28 AM Sebastian Huber <

> Hello,
>
> On 04/04/2019 14:09, Catalin Demergian wrote:
> > Hi Andrei,
> > thank you for the elaborated answer !
> >
> > I checked my STM32 Cube settings, I have 3 enabled interrupts and they
> > all have the preemption priority/sub priority set to zero !
> > it seems I ran into the same issue you had in 2015 :)
> > I will take your advice - change the priorities, regenerate the code
> > and see what happens.
>
> I mentioned this possible problem some months ago:
>
> https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/users/2018-September/032600.html
>
> Andrei's answer is definitely a bit more elaborate.

Thanks Andrei! I am glad you are past this but let's do a post-game
analysis of what
could be better next time so no one else suffers as much. These are random
ideas
and I am open to more.

+ Could this be detected at run-time during setup with a debug option?

+ Could this be written up in the BSP Guide so at least there is a place to
reference?
Perhaps in a generic section on dealing with interrupt controllers

I don't think this is specifically an ARM issue. It is just easy to do on
the ARM.
I recall people doing similar things with high priority interrupts and
NMI's in the
past.

Any other ideas? My goal is always to try to prevent people from suffering
over
and over from the same mistakes.

--joel