Problem with rtems5 on mvme2100 - hard-float/soft-float confusion

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Apr 1 12:34:22 UTC 2019

On 01/04/2019 14:15, Joachim Rahn wrote:
> trying to be a bit more detailed...
>
> On 01.04.19 09:45, Joachim Rahn wrote:
> [...snip...]
>> Looking into the the produced binary hello_world.ralf one can see, that there is still the ELF magic at the
>> beginning of the binary file so it seems to me something goes wrong during link/load.
>>
> [...snip...]
>
> building the examples for mvme2100 with rtems5 works without any error message
> but when I look into a produced binary (i.e. hello_world.ralf) it looks like

This is probably just a copy of the ELF file. You probably have to
perform the steps in bsps/powerpc/motorola_powerpc/config/mvme2100.cfg
by hand:

define bsp-post-link
     $(default-bsp-post-link)
      $(OBJCOPY) -O binary -R .comment -S $(basename $@)$(EXEEXT) rtems
      gzip -vf9 rtems
      $(LD) -o $(basename $@)$(DOWNEXT) \
         $(PROJECT_RELEASE)/lib/bootloader.o \
         --just-symbols=$(basename $@)$(EXEEXT) \
         --no-warn-mismatch \
          -b binary rtems.gz -T $(PROJECT_RELEASE)/lib/ppcboot.lds \
          -Map $(basename $@).map && chmod 755 $@
      rm -f rtems.gz
endef

--