Problem with rtems5 on mvme2100 - hard-float/soft-float confusion

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Mon Apr 1 18:02:15 UTC 2019

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 10:20 AM Rahn, Joachim <
Joachim.Rahn at helmholtz-berlin.de> wrote:

> Hi Sebastian,
>
> unfortunately it's not only a copy of the ELF file which BTW was
> also my first guess.
>
> I did all the commands from mvme2100 bsp-post-link (as you proposed) by
> hand and the result is some kind of a mixture of an ELF and
> a BINARY so at least it's neither a correct ELF nor a correct BINARY.
>
> If I do the commands from bsp-post-link without option
> "--no-warn-mismatch" I get the error:
> powerpc-rtems5-ld: o-optimize/hello_world.exe uses hard float,
> /rtems/5/powerpc-rtems5/mvme2100/lib/bootloader.o uses
> soft float
>
> At the moment I have no idea what's going on there...

One thing I do to see if there are unintentional build change side-effects
is
to compare the commands used in a working version with the broken version.

Is the boot code compiled and linked in the same way it was before?

The boot mismatch shouldn't cause any issues since the bootloader is
self-contained
and (if I remember right) just unzips the exe and jumps to it.

--joel