CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_NEEDS_CLOCK_DRIVER macro issue

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Fri Aug 30 20:53:37 UTC 2019

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019, 11:35 AM Michel Macena <mmacena.eng at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the answer, but the ticker sample program
> has this macro in his system.h header. I can compile a program
> with this macro but when  I load it, the board just ignores it an then
> reset. If I change the
> macro for the opposite one ("does not need the clock driver") the program
> just works, except that I can't
> use any time related routine. Also without the clock drive driver enabled
> I can't communicate with the board (send and receive data).
> I understand that the Macro enables the clock drive but how this happens ?
> It changes a register value  in the chip ?

Setting that macro adds the clock driver to the set of statically installed
device drivers. The code is in bsps/sparc/erc32/clock. It uses a timer on
the erc32.

Check that it survives initialising the clock and gets the interrupt ok.

This isn't something I have heard of before. Is this a very early erc32?
Just wondering with nothing specific in mind.

--joel