RTEMS ethernet stack and drvmgr

Jan.Sommer at dlr.de Jan.Sommer at dlr.de
Wed Dec 4 13:49:38 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,

Since I just read the question from Fernando, I was wondering if the (recommended) Ethernet stack of rtems-libbsd does work with the greth driver of the drvmgr as well?
The greth driver, as most of the other Ethernet drivers of other BSPs,  calls the ether_ifattach function at some point.
In the current sources of FreeBSD the prototype of this function seems to be different.
Do I understand it correctly that all drivers doing that are only compatible to the network stack included with "-enable-networking"?

Best regards,

   Jan

Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e. V. (DLR)
German Aerospace Center
Simulation and Software Technology | Software for Space Systems and Interactive Visualization | Lilienthalplatz 7 | 38108 Braunschweig | Germany

Jan Sommer
Telephone +49 531 295-2494 | Telefax 0531 295-2767 | jan.sommer at dlr.de
DLR.de/SC