RTEMS for ARM networking

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Dec 5 02:28:23 UTC 2019

On 4/12/19 6:53 pm, Fernando Domínguez Pousa wrote:
> I’m recently compiled my rtems for a Xilinx board bsp included in RTEMS. In a
> future I will add TCP/UDP connections to my application so I just want to assure
> I did the correct installation. At RTEMS compilation I included the
> –enable-networking option. I have worked with RTEMS using the rtems-libbsd
> implementation with –disable-networking option. So I’ve got the following
> questions, why the use of rtems networking in some cases and libbsd in others?
> Does arm need rtems-libbsd or it can work with the RTEMS networking implementation?

For the Xilinx Zynq you can build the full vertical stack in the RSB with ...

 cd rtems
 ../source-builder/sb-set-builder --prefix=$HOME/rtems/5 \
                                  --log=zynq.txt \
                                  5/bsps/xilinx_zynq_zc702

The available BSPs can be found here:

  https://git.rtems.org/rtems-source-builder/tree/rtems/config/5/bsps

You can control the build with options to the RSB:

1. To set the amount of memory:

 --with-rtems-bspopts="BSP_ZYNQ_RAM_LENGTH=256M"

2. For SMP:

 --with-rtems-smp

Chris