RTEMS Release Snapshot: 5.0.0-m1912 (05 Dec 2019)

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue Dec 17 06:31:42 UTC 2019

On 16/12/2019 23:34, Michael Davidsaver wrote:
> On 12/4/19 8:58 PM, chrisj at rtems.org wrote:
>> RTEMS Release Build - 5.0.0-m1912
>>
>> RTEMS 5 Release snapshot m1912 is avaliable for testing.
>> It can be found at:
>>
>>   https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/releases/5/5.0.0/5.0.0-m1912
>>
>> Please test and report any issues to the user at rtems.org or devel at rtems.org
>> mailing lists or please raise a ticket.
>>
>> If you are part of the RTEMS testing program please build on your preferred
>> host posting build and BSP test results to build at rtems.org.
>>
>> This is a development release and may have errors and be unstable.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Chris
>
> Building on a Debian 10 host I get a link error in the rtems-tools package involving LLVM.
> It looks like the build is using the host LLVM (deb llvm-dev 1:7.0-47).  Is this supposed to
> be the case?

Thanks for testing the snapshot. I tried to build the rtems-tools on a
Debian 10 of the GCC compile farm (gcc68), but it seems the LLVM
development packages are not installed:

./waf configure
Setting top to                           : /home/sh/rtems-tools
Setting out to                           : /home/sh/rtems-tools/build
Version                                  : 5.429b74725885 (5)
Checking for program 'python'            : /usr/bin/python
Checking for python version >= 2.6.6     : 2.7.16
Checking for program 'python'            : /usr/bin/python
Checking for program 'python2'           : /usr/bin/python2
Checking for program 'python3'           : /usr/bin/python3
Checking for 'gcc' (C compiler)          : /usr/bin/gcc
Checking for 'g++' (C++ compiler)        : /usr/bin/g++
Checking for header alloca.h             : yes
Checking for header fcntl.h              : yes
Checking for header process.h            : not found
Checking for header stdlib.h             : yes
Checking for header string.h             : yes
Checking for header strings.h            : yes
Checking for header sys/file.h           : yes
Checking for header sys/stat.h           : yes
Checking for header sys/time.h           : yes
Checking for header sys/types.h          : yes
Checking for header sys/wait.h           : yes
Checking for header unistd.h             : yes
Checking for header vfork.h              : not found
Checking for getrusage                   : yes
Checking for program 'm4'                : /usr/bin/m4
Checking for header sys/wait.h           : yes
Checking for kill                        : yes
Checking for 'gcc' (C compiler)          : /usr/bin/gcc
Checking for 'g++' (C++ compiler)        : /usr/bin/g++
Checking for 'gcc' (C compiler)          : /usr/bin/gcc
Checking for strnlen                     : yes
Checking for 'g++' (C++ compiler)        : /usr/bin/g++
Checking for fopen64                     : no
Checking for stat64                      : no
Checking for 'gcc' (C compiler)          : /usr/bin/gcc
Checking for 'g++' (C++ compiler)        : /usr/bin/g++
Checking for library LLVM                : not found
Checking for header llvm/DebugInfo/Symbolize/Symbolize.h : not found
Checking for library ws2_32                              : not found

Which packages did you install?

>> $ ../source-builder/sb-set-builder --prefix $HOME/source/rtems/usr --rtems-bsp i386/pc386 5/rtems-i386
>
> omitting many (I think) unimportant downloading, building, cleaning lines
>
>> download: https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/releases/5/5.0.0/5.0.0-m1912/sources/autoconf-2.69.tar.gz -> sources/autoconf-2.69.tar.gz
>> download: https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/releases/5/5.0.0/5.0.0-m1912/sources/automake-1.12.6.tar.gz -> sources/automake-1.12.6.tar.gz
>> download: https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/releases/5/5.0.0/5.0.0-m1912/sources/automake-1.12.6-b...<see log> -> patches/automake-1.12.6-bugzilla.redhat.com-1239379.diff
>> download: https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/releases/5/5.0.0/5.0.0-m1912/sources/expat-2.1.0.tar.gz -> sources/expat-2.1.0.tar.gz
>> download: https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/releases/5/5.0.0/5.0.0-m1912/sources/gdb-8.3.tar.xz -> sources/gdb-8.3.tar.xz
>> download: https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/releases/5/5.0.0/5.0.0-m1912/sources/binutils-2.33.1.tar.bz2 -> sources/binutils-2.33.1.tar.bz2
>> download: https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/releases/5/5.0.0/5.0.0-m1912/sources/gcc-7.5.0.tar.xz -> sources/gcc-7.5.0.tar.xz
>> download: https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/releases/5/5.0.0/5.0.0-m1912/sources/newlib-d14714c69.tar.gz -> sources/newlib-d14714c69.tar.gz
>> download: https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/releases/5/5.0.0/5.0.0-m1912/sources/isl-0.16.1.tar.bz2 -> sources/isl-0.16.1.tar.bz2
>> download: https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/releases/5/5.0.0/5.0.0-m1912/sources/mpfr-3.1.4.tar.bz2 -> sources/mpfr-3.1.4.tar.bz2
>> download: https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/releases/5/5.0.0/5.0.0-m1912/sources/mpc-1.0.3.tar.gz -> sources/mpc-1.0.3.tar.gz
>> download: https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/releases/5/5.0.0/5.0.0-m1912/sources/gmp-6.1.0.tar.bz2 -> sources/gmp-6.1.0.tar.bz2
>> download: https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/releases/5/5.0.0/5.0.0-m1912/sources/rtems-tools-5.0.0-m1912.tar.xz -> sources/rtems-tools-5.0.0-m1912.tar.xz
>> building: rtems-tools-5.0.0-m1912-1
>> error: building rtems-tools-5.0.0-m1912-1
>
>  From the resulting rsb-report-rtems-tools-5.0.0-m1912-1.txt:
>
>> Checking for 'gcc' (C compiler)          : /usr/bin/gcc
>> Checking for 'g++' (C++ compiler)        : /usr/bin/g++
>> Checking for 'gcc' (C compiler)          : /usr/bin/gcc
>> Checking for library LLVM                : not found
>> Checking for header llvm/DebugInfo/Symbolize/Symbolize.h : yes
>> Checking for library ws2_32                              : not found

It seems you have the header files, but no library was found. Maybe we
should only build the LLVM dependent features if both everything is present.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09