device-tree example for altera-cyclone-v bsp

Christian Spindeldreier spindeldreier at ims.uni-hannover.de
Tue Feb 12 15:14:48 UTC 2019

Hi all,

we are trying to run rtems-5 on the Terasic DE10 Standard board
containing an Intel (former Altera) Cyclone V SoC-FPGA, which is
identical the the one on the one on the DK-DEV-5CSXC6N.

As there is the altcycv_devkit bsp within the rtems kernel we tried
simply to run a simple hello-world application based on this bsp.

We managed to build a u-boot image (FIT) containing rtems and a dtb
which starts to run, but freezes without any output. We assume this
issue to be related to the dtb which u-boot has to provide, but there is
no example dts within the bsp. At the moment we use a slightly modified
version of the socfpga_cyclone5_socdk device tree from the linux-4.14
kernel working fine with the linux kernel, but this does not seem to
provide the required information for rtems.

Can someone maybe provide an example dts file, which shows how the nodes
should be named, and what information has to be provided by the device
tree? Any information on the usage of the altera-cyclone-v bsp might be
helpful.

Kind regards,

Christian

--