device-tree example for altera-cyclone-v bsp

Ian Caddy ianc at goanna.iinet.net.au
Wed Feb 13 01:40:00 UTC 2019

Hi Christian,

I am not familiar with the Cyclone, but we recently went through the
device tree learning curve moving to RTEMS5 and the creating a BPS for
the imx6ULL processor.

The thing with device tree is that what ever your BSP needs, is how you
have to name your device tree.  Search your BSP for the following
string:   fdt_

In the example cyclone BSP, there were a number of functions:

fdt_path_offset_namelen

fdt_getprop

etc.

Check how each of these calls is made, and the names used.  For example
the first one I came across was in adjust_memory_size

with memory_path = "/memory" and reserved_memory_path = "/reserved-memory"

Both these need to be defined in your device tree for it to work.  Look
through all your other instances and ensure that your names line up.

regards,

Ian Caddy