Waf error building rtems-libbsd on macOS 10.14

Adam Lindberg adam.lindberg at stritzinger.com
Wed Jan 23 11:12:08 UTC 2019

Hi,

I’m trying to build our RTEMS based toolchain on macOS 10.14 and after solving some compilation errors for GCC   I hit a strange error with Waf when building rtems-libbsd:

    Could not create the directory ///o

In fact, even running Waf with -vvv didn’t yield much more useful information for me, who does not know the internals of the build process.

The full troubleshooting thread can be found here, with the most relevant comments to the end: https://github.com/grisp/grisp-software/pull/46
The build script that triggers the error is here:
https://github.com/grisp/grisp-software/blob/eproxus/wifi-opti-and-libbsd-to-freebsd-12-update/build/build-libbsd.sh

If anyone has any suggestions of how to debug this error, I’d be very grateful.

Cheers,
Adam

--
Adam Lindberg
Senior Developer

Peer Stritzinger GmbH    Geschäftsführer: Peer Stritzinger
Aumüllerstr. 14          Handelsregister München HRB 133238
82216 Maisach            www.stritzinger.com