CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_NEEDS_CLOCK_DRIVER macro issue

Michel Macena mmacena.eng at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 19:30:41 UTC 2019

Hi, I have compiled a test code for an ERC32 target board and loaded it
using gdb,
the code:

#include <bsp.h>

> #include <stdlib.h>
> #include <stdio.h>
>
> rtems_task Init(
>   rtems_task_argument ignored
> )
> {
>
>     uint16_t a=6;
>     printf( "Hello World Michel\n" );
>     printf( "numero: %d\n",a );
>

> }
>

> #define CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_DOES_NOT_NEED_CLOCK_DRIVER
> //#define CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_NEEDS_CLOCK_DRIVER
> #define CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_NEEDS_CONSOLE_DRIVER
>
> #define CONFIGURE_RTEMS_INIT_TASKS_TABLE
> #define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_TASKS 1
>
> #define CONFIGURE_INIT
>
> #include <rtems/confdefs.h>

the board returned in the console:

Hello World Michel
> numero: 6

and GDB returns:

[Inferior 1 (Remote target) exited normally]

Everything as expected, but when I comment the #define
CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_DOES_NOT_NEED_CLOCK_DRIVER line
and put #define CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_NEEDS_CLOCK_DRIVER the board seems to
restart and gdb returns the following:

[Inferior 1 (Remote target) exited with code 020]

I know that I'm not using any clock depending function but shouldn't the
program work anyway ? Also I tried the clock function
rtems_clock_get_ticks_per_second()
to get the ticks and print it, but it didn't work.

Could someone explain wy this is happenning ? Also what is the code 020
return in GDB ?
I tried to find an error list for gdb but I couldn't find.