RTEMS_FATAL_SOURCE_EXCEPTION in RTEMS

Christian Mauderer christian.mauderer at embedded-brains.de
Wed May 1 14:47:11 UTC 2019

----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----

Hello Amarnath,

it's a little hard with the given information to tell you a concrete problem. There are a lot of possible reasons for a RTEMS_FATAL_SOURCE_EXCEPTION.

>From your description, my guess would be some problem with an interrupt. Most U-Boot code avoids interrupts. I don't know about your bare metal application but maybe in some test application, you don't have too much interrupts too. In RTEMS you have most likely at least a periodic tick interrupt.

Do you execute your code from the same flash or do you keep some data in the flash? In that case it could be an access error during a flash erase or write (for example caused by an interrupt). In that case you might have to do a global interrupt disable before you enter certain routines.

Best regards

Christian
embedded brains GmbH
Christian Mauderer