Adding cpp driver to RTEMS build

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue Nov 19 06:39:52 UTC 2019

On 18/11/2019 16:22, Vishav.Vishav at dlr.de wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry for the confusion. I want to include the device driver as part of bsp and not an application. I am creating a custom bsp. I have already successfully added gpio driver to my custom bsp. All the files for gpio were written in C. But for this new device driver is written in cpp. When I try to add it, the compiler fails to compile it. In fact, no compiler is called to compile this cpp file.

If you want to keep this BSP private, then I would just write a minimum
size BSP in C, e.g. system initialization, clock and console driver.
Everything else I would do in application-specific libraries.

If you want to submit this BSP at some time, then we should discuss more
thoroughly what you have in mind.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16