Getting version of rtems, and writing files

Shane Thomas codejoy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 17:20:06 UTC 2019

I had a question, I inherited a system that uses rtems and I am not sure
how to edit files on that system.   There is no vim or vi.  I telnet into
them and then get a message right away that says:

cexp.help() for help (which does't work) but help() does show some commands
like cat, pwd, home, mod = ld("filename")

etc...
but nothing that would let me edit files that are on that system.  Also no
ftp/sftp to let me edit locally and then move them to that system.   I am
not sure the version of rtems this is running even (not sure how to get
that).

Signed up to this mailing list just to ask this question, not sure what
else/where else to look.