source builder, bsp arch settings

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Apr 29 23:33:54 UTC 2020

On 29/4/20 8:03 pm, Heinz Junkes wrote:

> unfortunately i can't really get along with the source-builder/sb-set-builder.

Can you build the package by manually? This is the recommended first
step. The RSB is just a means to capture those manual steps.

> For example, I want to build ntp for xilinx_zynq_a9_qemu using the command line:
>
> (in rtems-source-builder-5.0.0-m2003/rtems)

This is a snapshot release which means it can break. While we try as
best we can there is no guarantee a release snapshot will work. Having
said that I am pleased you are testing it and reporting problems.

> ../source-builder/sb-set-builder —log=log_ntp_arm.txt —prefix=/home/h1/GSOC/RTEMS/5.0.0-m2003 \
> —host=arm=rtems5 —with-rtems-bsp=xilinx_zynq_a9_qemu net/ntp

I have attempted to build net/ntp for the same BSP from the RSB master
and I am seeing this following error:

../../ntp-4.2.6p5/libntp/mktime.c:67:2: error:
  #error libntp supplied mktime()/timegm() do not support 64-bit time_t

Do you have something else you are building?

> I have assumed that the compiler flags for xilinx_zynq_a9_qemu are taken over by the specification for which BSP
> I want to build this.
>
> E.g. “-march-armv7-a”

Do you mean "-march=armv7-a"?

> Unfortunately, the compilation of ntp does not work, because __ARM_ARCH is not set to “7"
> but remains defined at the default value of "4”.
> Because of the missing CFLAGS for the  xilinx_zynq_a9_qemu architecture?

Are you saying the compile command line flags do not have the correct
`-march=armv7-a` option?

The build I just did that failed has the correct set of machine flags
for a Zynq (Cortex-A9):

  -march=armv7-a -mthumb -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=hard -mtune=cortex-a9

And this gives me:

$ arm-rtems5-gcc -dM -E -march=armv7-a -mthumb -mfpu=neon \
    -mfloat-abi=hard -mtune=cortex-a9 - < /dev/null | grep '__ARM_ARCH '
#define __ARM_ARCH 7

Chris