[RTEMS 4.10] NFS mount fails with 'Registering NFS driver failed' message

Marcos Jose-Louis Jose-Louis.Marcos at cnes.fr
Wed Aug 12 12:20:12 UTC 2020

Hi

I'm trying to mount a NFS partition from a server on a sparc board.
My app is basically configuring the network, and trying to mount the NFS server share using mount_andmmake_target_path() API.

err = mount_and_make_target_path(
        "6331.1150 at 10.160.7.217:/home/marcosjl/",
        "/nfs",
        RTEMS_FILESYSTEM_TYPE_NFS,
        RTEMS_FILESYSTEM_READ_WRITE,
        NULL);
assert(err == 0);

It fails miserably :

Network initialization OK.
RTEMS-RPCIOD $Release$, Till Straumann, Stanford/SLAC/SSRL 2002, See LICENSE file for licensing info.
RTEMS-NFS $Release$, Till Straumann, Stanford/SLAC/SSRL 2002, See LICENSE file for licensing info.
Registering NFS driver failed -

When digging in ./cpukit/libfs/src/nfsclient/src/nfs.c, It seems that call to 'rtems_io_register_driver' is not successful, probably related to misconfiguration of my app ?

This is the excerpt of my system.h file (the one containing the configuration directives to RTEMS) :

/* Specific configuration for NFS */
#define CONFIGURE_FILESYSTEM_NFS
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_MESSAGE_QUEUES 20
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_SEMAPHORES 15
#define CONFIGURE_NUMBER_OF_DRIVERS 5

Not sure of what's going on here (I'm pretty new to RTEMS !). Is it the correct way to configure resources expected by NFS client ? (as per what's specified in ./cpukit/libfs/src/nfsclient/README - section "RTEMS Resources Used Byy NFS/RPCIOD")

Thank's in advance...

Regards,
José L. Marcos