[RTEMS 4.10] NFS mount fails with 'Registering NFS driver failed' message

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Wed Aug 12 13:09:59 UTC 2020

On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 7:20 AM Marcos Jose-Louis <Jose-Louis.Marcos at cnes.fr>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm trying to mount a NFS partition from a server on a sparc board.
> My app is basically configuring the network, and trying to mount the NFS
> server share using mount_andmmake_target_path() API.
>
> err = mount_and_make_target_path(
>         "6331.1150 at 10.160.7.217:/home/marcosjl/",
>         "/nfs",
>         RTEMS_FILESYSTEM_TYPE_NFS,
>         RTEMS_FILESYSTEM_READ_WRITE,
>         NULL);
> assert(err == 0);
>
> It fails miserably :
>
> Network initialization OK.
> RTEMS-RPCIOD $Release$, Till Straumann, Stanford/SLAC/SSRL 2002, See
> LICENSE file for licensing info.
> RTEMS-NFS $Release$, Till Straumann, Stanford/SLAC/SSRL 2002, See LICENSE
> file for licensing info.
> Registering NFS driver failed -
>
> When digging in ./cpukit/libfs/src/nfsclient/src/nfs.c, It seems that call
> to 'rtems_io_register_driver' is not successful, probably related to
> misconfiguration of my app ?
>
> This is the excerpt of my system.h file (the one containing the
> configuration directives to RTEMS) :
>
> /* Specific configuration for NFS */
> #define CONFIGURE_FILESYSTEM_NFS
> #define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_MESSAGE_QUEUES 20
> #define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_SEMAPHORES 15
> #define CONFIGURE_NUMBER_OF_DRIVERS 5

I don't think this is the right configuration parameter. It should be
CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_DRIVERS. I don't know if 5 is the right number but you
need 1+ driver slots empty beyond the static drivers configured to account
for the dynamically installed one.

https://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/cpukit/sapi/include/confdefs.h?h=4.10#n856
should be the section of code you are tripping.

That should get you beyond this error.