Corrupted test marker with u-boot and zynq

Jan.Sommer at dlr.de Jan.Sommer at dlr.de
Sun Aug 16 10:22:25 UTC 2020

Hello,

I try to create a setup to run the rtems testsuite on a Xilinx Zynq device with u-boot.
I built everything with the 5.0.0-m2006-2 pre-release.
It now works in general, but quite a number of tests have a corrupted begin test marker (see below).
This way, rtems-test does not recognize the test and counts it as timeout.
The value of wrong characters is the same for multiple runs of the same test, but is different for different tests (or not present at all).

If I execute the elf file via JTAG, everything works fine.
Has someone encountered such behavior before?
Looks like the something is going wrong during the handover from u-boot to rtems.

> Load address: 0x10000000
>          2.9 MiB/s
> done
> Bytes transferred = 39140 (98e4 hex)
> ## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 10000000 ...
>    Image Name:   RTEMS
>    Image Type:   ARM RTEMS Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
>    Data Size:    39076 Bytes = 38.2 KiB
>    Load Address: 00104000
>    Entry Point:  00104000
>    Verifying Checksum ... OK