STM32 Nucleo F429ZI bsp ?

Mr. Andrei Chichak groups at chichak.ca
Tue Aug 25 20:58:14 UTC 2020

The ‘429 shares a data sheet with the STM32F407VGT6 that is the basis of the STM32F4 BSP.

The 429 has more RAM (256k vs 192k), and the ZI version has more Flash (2M vs 1M). This would mean that the linker files would need to be altered simply.

The 429 mostly adds an LCD controller and support for external SDRAM, but none of those things are covered by the STM32F4 BSP anyway.

I’m using the STM32F4 BSP with a ‘405 processor (a cheaper ‘407 without ethernet), and according to ST CubeMX, the VG version of the 429 is pin compatible.

I wouldn’t expect that you would have to do much to use the STM32F4 BSP on the ‘429ZI, just change the linker file. I’d also expect that you could use the BSP unaltered, and you’d just have a reduced address space while you learn.

Andrei