Announce: RTEMS 5.1 Release

Alan Cudmore alan.cudmore at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 21:12:55 UTC 2020

Hello Chris,
Thanks to you and the RTEMS developers for creating this release!
I am testing your release packages. So far I have tried the following:
1. Built tools for SPARC, ARM, and i386 on an Ubuntu 18.04 LTS host.
2. Built the BSP for Beaglebone Black and the corresponding LibBSD
3. Built the SPARC LEON3 BSP
4. I have tested a few of my applications, and am working on getting
the latest core Flight System (cFS) bundle working on RTEMS 5.1 for
both the LEON 3/QEMU and Beaglebone Black. Ethernet is working for the
beagle.

I have not tested the Raspberry Pi models yet, but I expect to do that soon!

I'm also working on updating my docker images for 5.1. I have a tagged
branch, but still need to test those images:
https://github.com/alanc98/rtems-release-docker
Documentation is about half complete for that project.

Thanks again,
Alan