handle Fatal exception

Ярослав Лещинский midniwalker at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 18:39:03 UTC 2020

Thanks, I'll take a look.

And one more question, regarding watchdog,

Can someone suggest what is a right way to program a watchdog in a
multithreading environment? For example, I have a watchdog which can reboot
the system if a freeze flag is  detected. This flag is setted up in a
general task which is executed periodically. But I'm not sure first -- that
it's a correct place (maybe it's better to do that during a
context switching) and second -- in case of a freeze of only single thread
it would restart the whole system.

Thanks.

On Mon, 31 Aug 2020 at 19:59, Sebastian Huber <

> On 31/08/2020 19:06, Ярослав Лещинский wrote:
>

> > sometimes I'm getting FATAL, like:
> >
> > *** FATAL ***
> > fatal source: 9 (RTEMS_FATAL_SOURCE_EXCEPTION)
> >
> > is it possible to handle this exception, e.g. restart the whole system?
>
> Yes, some BSPs do this by default in their fatal error extension. You
> can customize the behaviour via an initial extension:
>

> https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/c-user/config/general.html#configure-initial-extensions
>

> https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/c-user/user_extensions.html#fatal-error-extension

Kind regards,
*Yaroslav Leshchinsky*