JFFS2 Operations under RTEMS 1.3.0

Richard.Glossop at L3Harris.com Richard.Glossop at L3Harris.com
Mon Dec 7 11:19:08 UTC 2020

Hi we are using the LEON3.  Had been operating under rcc-1.3-rc7-gcc with correct operation of the JFFS2 file system.  Recently attempted upgrade to rcc-1.3.0-gcc (RTEMS 5.1 release) and now are getting segmentation fault whenever we attempt to access the /mnt/jffs drive in any way.  I have determined that the exception is occurring whenever /mnt/jffs2 is accessed.  It occurs down in RTEMS mutex code in an inline function contained in threadimpl.h.  It occurs in an inline function called _Thread_Wait_claim which in turn calls _Thread_Wait_release_default_critical which leads to a segmentation fault.  This is a definite variation going from rcc-1.3-rc7-gcc to rcc-1.3.0-gcc.

Has anyone seen this?  Thoughts/ideas on how to troubleshoot?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain material that is proprietary, confidential, privileged or otherwise legally protected or restricted under applicable government laws. Any review, disclosure, distributing or other use without expressed permission of the sender is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies without reading, printing, or saving.