Error While building BSP | erc32 | sparc-rtems-4.11.3

Christian Mauderer christian.mauderer at embedded-brains.de
Mon Jan 27 11:48:19 UTC 2020

On 27/01/2020 12:17, Bran S wrote:
> On Monday, 27 January 2020, Christian Mauderer
> <christian.mauderer at embedded-brains.de
> <mailto:christian.mauderer at embedded-brains.de>> wrote:
>> I noted that you have a RTEMS 4.11 toolchain. But it seems that you use
>> the instructions for the RTEMS master (which has a Version 5). Did you
>> use a matching RTEMS 4.11 branch for your build?
>

> I used the tar files:
>
> https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/releases/4.11/4.11.3/rtems-4.11.3.tar.xz
> curl
> https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/releases/4.11/4.11.3/rtems-source-builder-4.11.3.tar.xz

Without testing it myself: If you want to use the releases please try
with the release documentation:

https://docs.rtems.org/releases/rtems-docs-4.11.3/user/start/index.html

> I have now instead built it using the the git repo as mentioned in the
> quick-start document. It is running fine, with some minor issues:

Great.

> 1) Five BSP erc32 tests fail, namely:
>
> dl06.exe
> dl09.exe
> terminos09.exe
> psxfenv01.exe
> psxmsgq03.exe
>
> 2) On running `sparc-rtems5-gdb hello.exe` and doing `target sim`
> gdb shows: Undefined target command: "sim"
>
> Going through archives I found that others have also faced the same
> problem and using `sparc-rtems5-sis` was suggested as a workaround.
> I tried and it solved the problem.
> Although I am not clear on why these problems occurred.

I haven't really noticed these problems and never tested it. So I can't
really say anything regarding that.

Best regards

Christian

embedded brains GmbH