exit(3) and the RTEMS Shell

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Thu Jan 30 16:46:31 UTC 2020

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 10:09 AM Jonathan Brandmeyer <
jbrandmeyer at planetiq.com> wrote:

> We're seeing some unexpected behavior.  It appears as though sometimes the
> exit() function will wait until a key is pressed on the shell before
> actually shutting down RTEMS.  This is independent of whether or not the
> exit()ing thread is the shell thread or a different one.
>
> We're using the zynq BSP, anchored to master as of a few months ago.

This is a common configuration setting available to all BSPs.  The file
c/src/aclocal/bsp-bspcleanup-options.m4 has the arguments that control
the behavior but a specific BSP can provide defaults. The defaults may
change
over time and for different BSPs which might explain what you are seeing.

RTEMS_BSP_CLEANUP_OPTIONS and the other macros are used from
the BSP's configure.ac.

You should be able to change the behavior by adding something like
BSP_PRESS_KEY_FOR_RESET=0 to the RTEMS configure command
like this

../rtems/configure BSP_PRESS_KEY_FOR_RESET=0 ...

--joel