How do you plan before starting to code ?

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu Jul 9 07:13:28 UTC 2020

Hello Richi,

we use Doxygen to document the software design. Maybe you can write your
high-level description with it. This way it is integrated already
integrated in the sources. You can use @dot for graphs and @msc for
message sequences.

I would document the data structures and the invariants of the data
structures. I would also try to write code which checks that the
invariants are satisfied. This can be used in _Assert() and RTEMS_DEBUG
blocks.

I would also write test cases. You can already run the test cases with:

https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/c-user/scheduling_concepts.html#arbitrary-processor-affinity-priority-smp-scheduler

There should be test cases which would fail with the Linux push and pull
scheduler.

You should identify the key scheduler operations (e.g. block and
unblock) and write a high level description of the algorithms used for
these operations in some sort of pseudo code.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09