JTAG error with arm-rtems-gdb

Mario Palomares palomares.mario14 at gmail.com
Sat May 16 11:41:06 UTC 2020

I am tryining to debug RTEMS programs on mi RPI2 through a JTAG conexion
with OpenOCD. Right now i have the connection correctly established and i
can connect through a telnet client. Whenever I try to connect through
arm-rtems5-gdb i get the following error

warning: while parsing target description (at line 4): Target description
specified unknown architecture "aarch64"
warning: Could not load XML target description; ignoring
Truncated register 16 in remote 'g' packet

The configuration file i use for the RPI can be found in this page
https://metebalci.com/blog/bare-metal-raspberry-pi-3b-jtag/. :
I can´t use the configuration file proposed here:
https://github.com/ppisa/rpi-utils/blob/master/jtag-debug/rpi2/rpi-jt_usb5.cfg
by
Pavel because my RPI is a RPI2 v1.2 which has the same SoC that the RPI3.
If i try Pavels configuration file the connection fails.

I have installed gdb multiarch and tried with it but no luck, when i set
the architecture to aarch64 i get:

warning: Architecture rejected target-supplied description
Truncated register 8 in remote 'g' packet

Any ideas how to get arround this ?