How to use lvgl on pc386 BSP.

Christian Mauderer oss at c-mauderer.de
Mon Sep 7 16:22:04 UTC 2020

Hello Karel,

On 07/09/2020 11:33, Karel Gardas wrote:
> On 9/7/20 11:22 AM, Christian Mauderer wrote:
>> Hello Karel,
>>
>> note that rtems-littlevgl is still quite new and most likely _only_ used
>> on BBB and (with an external display driver) on the imx. I don't think
>> anyone tried it on pc686.
>
> Yes, I'm kind of aware of that.
>
>> On 07/09/2020 11:06, Karel Gardas wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to compile rtems-littlevgl on pc686 BSP from RTEMS 5.1
>>> release built with RSB -- hence with libbsd compiled in.
>>>
>>> I'm hitting following compilation failure:
>>>
>>> ../../lv_drivers/indev/evdev.c:16:10: fatal error: dev/evdev/input.h: No
>>> such file or directory
>>>  #include <dev/evdev/input.h>
>>>           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>> compilation terminated.
>>>

>> I checked the evdev/input.h. That one should definitively be there if
>> libbsd is installed. There is no condition for that file. Are you sure
>> that libbsd is compiled and installed correctly? To check that please
>> make sure that "libbsd.a" in the $PREFIX/i386-rtems5/pc686/lib directory
>> exists.
>

> $ ls -la sfw/rtems/5.1/i386-rtems5/pc686/lib/libbsd.a
> -rw-r--r-- 1 karel karel 104094278 Aug 31 19:57
> sfw/rtems/5.1/i386-rtems5/pc686/lib/libbsd.a
> karel at silence:~$ find sfw/rtems/5.1 -name 'input.h'
> karel at silence:~$
>
> so looks like libbsd for BBB and for pc686 is really a bit different.

I have analyzed a bit more:

We have two main libbsd branches:

- master
- 6-freebsd-12

Same for the release. There it is

- 5
- 5-freebsd-12

The first one tracks the latest FreeBSD development branch. The later
one tracks the stable FreeBSD 12 branch.

It seems that the evdev stuff is only on the first branch (master and
5). So if you compiled 5-freebsd-12 (which is not unlikely - I would
recommend that for application development) the evdev support is _not_
there. That's exactly what you see.

Depending on your application, you might want to think about switching
to the current master instead of the release. But note that I didn't
compile the PC BSP there. So I'm not sure how well it works. i386 is
normally not a platform that I use for RTEMS applications.

Best regards

Christian