Write the BSP for ARM Versatile Express device

Đức Anh dauto98 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 14:56:42 UTC 2021

Dear all,

I want to develop a BSP for ARM Versatile Express platform. My final
purpose is to run Gem5 simulation using RTEMS as the kernel. Now Gem5 only
model Versatile Express device, and I can see RTEMS does not have a BSP for
it yet.

More specifically, the machine type modelled in Gem5 is:
- Arm Motherboard Express uATX (V2M-P1)
- The memory map is based on Versatile Express RS1, with RS2 extension
- Arm CoreTile Express A15x2 (V2P-CA15) as daughterboard. It contains
Cortex-A15 CPU.

In the past, the Realview-pbx-a9 BSP used to run successfully in Gem5, when
they still supported realview machine type. It is not the case now. So I
guess I can reuse the CPU related code in realview-pbx-a9 and just write
new code for the BSP ?

I am new to RTEMS so I need some help. Which direction should I head for?

Best regards,
Duc Anh