libbsd: React to link status change events

Jan.Sommer at dlr.de Jan.Sommer at dlr.de
Thu Apr 29 11:43:51 UTC 2021

Hello,

is there an easy way to register a callback function or block until a link status change of an Ethernet device occurs in the libbsd stack?
Searching for it, I found some references for EV_NETDEV in kqueue, but this seems to be a legacy function which has been removed years ago.

In the console of the Zedboard, for example, I see those events as info statements, but haven't found an API to hook into that:

info: lo0: link state changed to UP
info: cgem0: link state changed to DOWN
info: cgem0: link state changed to UP

Best regards,

    Jan

Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e. V. (DLR)
German Aerospace Center
Institute for Software Technology | Software for Space Systems and Interactive Visualization | Lilienthalplatz 7 | 38108 Braunschweig | Germany