$ ./waf bsp_list --rtems-bsps=sparc/ doesn't work

Christian MAUDERER christian.mauderer at embedded-brains.de
Wed Aug 4 14:56:57 UTC 2021

Hello Andrei,

Am 03.08.21 um 23:54 schrieb Mr. Andrei Chichak:
> I’m going through the docs at
> https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/user/bld/index.html
> <https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/user/bld/index.html> and section
> 7.3.2 BSP List has a broken command
>
> ./waf bsp_list
>
> Works nicely, but adding the —rtems-bsps=  param to it always gives the
> result:
>
> No BSP matches with the specified patterns: 'sparc/'
>
> whatever pattern you give it.
>
> (master head)
>
> Andrei

Thanks for reporting this. I checked the wscript and it seems that the
patterns are used as python regexes but with an added "$". So if you use
a pattern like 'sparc/', the names will be tested for 'sparc/$'. I
assume that this is the case to correctly handle BSPs like

riscv/rv64imac
riscv/rv64imac_medany

Without the $ the first one would include the second one.

So you have to use

   ./waf bsp_list --rtems-bsps='sparc/.*'

or

   ./waf bsp_list --rtems-bsps='sparc/.*,sh/.*'

Do you want to create a patch for the documentation? That would be this
file: https://git.rtems.org/rtems-docs/tree/user/bld/index.rst

Best regards

Christian
embedded brains GmbH