RTEMS on the Zynq Ultrascale+ R5

Mathew Benson mbenson at windhoverlabs.com
Mon Aug 9 17:52:54 UTC 2021

I might take that on.  When I took the RTEMS training a couple years ago,
the repository was still in the middle of a restructuring and build system
upgrade so it was a little confusing.  I just looked at it and the new
documentation and it looks a lot less daunting.

On Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 12:35 PM Joel Sherrill <joel at rtems.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 11:49 AM Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Mathew,
> >
> > Not that I'm aware of, so probably not. There is ongoing work that is
> > improving the Zynq Ultrascale+ support, and there is also work ongoing
> > for the Xilinx Versal, which shares some features including R5F
> > co-processors. OAR has been pushing on Ultrascale, but I couldn't tell
> > you what their scope is, and I have been working with Chris Johns on
> > the Versal but the R5F is not yet in scope for me.
>
> Gedare's right. OAR did the aarch64 bit port but we haven't touched the
> R5 yet. Everytime someone (you?) ask, I always think of the R52 FVP and
> tms570 BSPs but those aren't what you need.
>
> This is certainly something we'd like to see for RTEMS. It just needs a
> sponsor.  <not so subtle hint> :)
>
> --joel
> >
> > Gedare
> >
> > On Sat, Aug 7, 2021 at 2:22 PM Mathew Benson <mbenson at windhoverlabs.com>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > Has anybody started or completed porting RTEMS to the R5?
> > >
> > > Sent from my iPad

*Mathew Benson*
CEO | Chief Engineer
Windhover Labs, LLC