RTEMS on the Zynq Ultrascale+ R5

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Mon Aug 9 18:27:28 UTC 2021

On Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 12:53 PM Mathew Benson <mbenson at windhoverlabs.com>
wrote:

> I might take that on.  When I took the RTEMS training a couple years ago,
> the repository was still in the middle of a restructuring and build system
> upgrade so it was a little confusing.  I just looked at it and the new
> documentation and it looks a lot less daunting.

That's good feedback.

Hopefully this is mostly a BSP with possibly a few tweaks to the ARM
specific code if the CPU model has differences not yet accounted for.

If used as a side processor only, it might not have many peripheral drivers
which would make things simpler. The timer for the clock and interrupt
controller are quite likely already supported.

One thing that does need to be addressed in the BSP and software stack is
how to communicate with it as a side processor. There are standard open
source packages out there for that and whatever one is used here would need
to be ported.

I'm guessing here but the console may be virtual through that
communications bridge to the main cores.

--joel