RTEMS 5.1: cmath compiler errors on m68k/uC5282

Michael Davidsaver mdavidsaver at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 16:20:16 UTC 2021

On 2/17/21 7:34 AM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>     And indeed adding -std=c++98 seems to be a workaround.
>

> EPICS most likely should use a newer C++ standard than that. C++03 is
> C++98 with corrections. But it does not have long long because C++98
> definition predated C99 finalization and C99 has long long. GCC accepts
> long long and ll format specifier on printf() but will complain only if you
> turn on -pedantic.
>
> You probably should be using C++11 or C++14 (bug fixed C++11).

This is the plan.  When I say "workaround" there is an implied
"temporary" as I expect that the underlying issue is fixable.

The worst cases I can imagine are either patching out various
"using ::acoshl" lines in the GCC cmath header or injecting some
dummy definitions into the newlib math.h header like: