xilinx_zynq_a9_qemu RTEMS6 no console input/output

Christian MAUDERER christian.mauderer at embedded-brains.de
Thu Feb 18 16:47:04 UTC 2021

Hello Heinz,

Am 18.02.21 um 15:32 schrieb junkes:
> I just started testing RTEMS6 with xilinx_zynq_a9_qemu.
>
> When I run the examples (in bsp or rtems-libbsd) there is no console
> in/out-put.
>
>   qemu-system-arm -no-reboot -serial mon:stdio -net none -nographic -M
> xilinx-zynq-a9 -m 256M -kernel
> build/arm-rtems6-xilinx_zynq_a9_qemu-default/commands01.exe
> qemu-system-arm: warning: nic cadence_gem.0 has no peer
> qemu-system-arm: warning: nic cadence_gem.1 has no peer
>
> ... nothing happens here

I'm not 100% sure but it's possible that the BSP wants to use a second
serial port. My call for qemu for this BSP looks like that:

qemu-system-arm -no-reboot -net none -serial null -serial mon:stdio -M
xilinx-zynq-a9 -m 256M -nographic -kernel media01.exe

Or if I want to attach a debugger:

qemu-system-arm -gdb tcp::1234 -S -net none -serial null -serial
mon:stdio -M xilinx-zynq-a9 -m 256M -nographic -kernel media01.exe

Note the "-serial null" before the second "-serial mon:stdio".

> Have to kill -9 from other shell, no CTRL-C :
> Killed

Qemu catches CTRL-C and forwards it to the application. You have to use
screen-like combinations like CTRL-A followed by h to get help or CTRL-A
followed by x to exit the emulator.

Best regards

Christian

> Heinz