TMS570LC4357 support in RTEMS

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Sun Feb 21 07:40:01 UTC 2021

Hi Juan,

Pavel had expressed some interest in this direction before, but I
don't know that anyone has pushed this board far enough to commit a
working BSP.

I have this hardware available (Hercules Launchpad LAUNCHXL2-570LC43).
But I haven't had any time to try to work with it. Unfortunately, when
I looked at the halcogen stuff it was not license-compatible to RTEMS,
but maybe that has changed. A lot of effort was put in the TMS570 port
before to avoid using halcogen.

I guess one reason this board may not be that widely used is because
it is a pain to work with. The dual lockstep mode is great for
production safety board, but quite terrible for development and
debugging.

Gedare