finstrument-functions issues

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Fri Jun 4 19:31:46 UTC 2021

On Fri, Jun 4, 2021 at 9:16 AM Matthew J Fletcher <amimjf at gmail.com> wrote:

> Replying to myself.
>
> Seems various interrupt and other rtems routines need to be excluded, with
> "-finstrument-functions-exclude-file-list=/rtems
> -finstrument-functions-exclude-function-list=arm_interrupt_,rtems_"
> stability resumes.

Thank you for posting the solution even though you had to find it on your
own.

There is a section in the users guide which discusses this option without
mentioning the exclude option at all. Could you kindly provide a patch to
mention that option and give any advice you have along with your example
above? It would be certainly be appreciated by the next person to follow
this path.

I would bet that not every rtems_ method needs to be excluded but the
rules for what needs to be excluded are unclear to me. I expect it depends
on what the profiling methods actually do.

--joel