Offline download of sources fails

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Wed Mar 10 12:57:10 UTC 2021

On Wed, Mar 10, 2021, 6:42 AM Ida Delphine <idadelm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> On trying to download my sources using this command stated in the
> documentation:
>
> ../source-builder/sb-set-builder --source-only-download 5/rtems-sparc
>
> Unfortunately, I get some errors and the build fails:
> RTEMS Source Builder - Set Builder, 6 (47d540e7f9fe)
> error: exe: not found: (__bison) /usr/bin/bison
> error: exe: not found: (__flex) /usr/bin/flex
> error: host build environment is not set up correctly
> Build FAILED
>
> Please what's the way out? I've been trying to resolve this for hours.
>
> You are missing some programs on your development host.

There is sb-check which will do a more thorough review of what you should
have installed.

I do not see your host listed but the Users Manual has a section for most
host operating systems with detailed instructions for installing the
dependencies. You need to use their package manager to install at least
bison and flex. You are likely also missing some development libraries
needed.

Check the users guide.

--joel