Offline download of sources fails

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Mar 10 23:30:38 UTC 2021

On 11/3/21 8:23 am, Michael Davidsaver wrote:
> On 3/10/21 10:55 AM, Chris Johns wrote:
>> Also have a look at the command sb-get-sources. It will fetch the source and
>> patches for all hosts and architectures.
>
> Neat.  I've been wishing for something like this as I'd like to archive full
> source along with toolchain builds.

The patches and sources directories hold everything.

> Would it handle something like an
> arch/bsp specific patches to rtems-kernel or rtems-libbsd?  (assuming there
> can be such things)

If the RSB is configured to download a patch this tool will download it. The
kernel and libbsd tend to be built based on a commit in their respective repos
the RSB downloads a tarball of the source that is uses.

Note, the RSB supports a released mode that is controlled by the VERSION file in
the root directory of the RSB. This can be used to deploy source locally. The
release scripts ...

https://git.rtems.org/rtems-release/tree/rtems-release-sources

... do this when creating a release.

>> $ ../source-builder/sb-get-sources --tar 5/rtems-powerpc 5/rtems-i386 5/rtems-arm 5/rtems-kernel 5/rtems-libbsd
>> RTEMS Source Builder - Get Sources, 5 (803d42cda7b3)
>> Build Set: 5/rtems-i386 for win32
>> error: 5/rtems-i386:5: %patch duplicate add: https://devel.rtems.org/raw-attachment/ticket/2830/gcc-7.5.0-i386march-1.diff
>> Build Set: Time 0:00:00.000236
>> Build FAILED
>
> I guess the recent march patch breaks this somehow?

The patch link looks fine and I can download it with my browser. I wonder if
this is a Windows thing?

Chris