Installing rtems on 32 bit windows host machine

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Thu Mar 11 19:11:48 UTC 2021

On Thu, Mar 11, 2021 at 1:05 PM Alireza Banejad <alibanejad1376 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I was wondering whether I could install RTEMS on a 32-bit Windows 7 host
> machine using either msys2 or Cygwin.
> I already tried installing it on msys2 i686 but when running sb-check it
> returns:
>
> error: exe: not found: (__cc)  i686-w32-mingw32-gccerror: exe: not found: (__cxx) i686-w32-mingw32-g++
>
> Environment is not correctly set up.
>
> It seems there is no such compiler as i686-w32-mingw32-gcc to add in the first place.

Assuming you have installed the gcc package, what is the compiler called?

I don't think any of the core developers have seen Windows 7 especially
32-bit in a while.

The file that sets the expectations based on host is
source-builder/sb/windows.py. It may require some tinkering to match a
32-bit environment.

We'd love to have a patch to that file (don't break 64-bit) and, if needed,
documentation.

--joel