RTEMS 5 how to run "hello" example

Olga Syrbachova syrba4eva28 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 14:29:17 UTC 2021

Thank you very much for your reply!

I've built the RTEMS Kernel for erc32. Then I followed this tutorial
https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/user/start/app.html to build a
"Hello World" application and it works just fine. Then I've tried to create
another application following the steps in the tutorial.
1. In $HOME/development/app/ I created a directory "ticker".
2. cd ticker
3. curl https://waf.io/waf-2.0.19 > waf
    chmod +x waf
    git init
    git submodule add git://git.rtems.org/rtems_waf.git rtems_waf
4. I've copied the files "init.c", "tasks.c", "system.h" from
testsuites/samples
5. In the "wscript" I've changed the lines 32 and 34 to target =
'ticker.exe', source = ['init.c', 'tasks.c']
6. ./waf configure --rtems=$HOME/development/rtems/5 --rtems-bsp=sparc/erc32
7. and running ./waf next, I get an error. It looks like the file
"tmacros.h", which is included in "system.h", cannot be found.

What am I doing wrong? Is the way to run other examples exactly the same as
to run a "Hello World" example?