RTEMS only executes no task and only finds one core imx7

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Mar 22 06:47:02 UTC 2021

Hello Stefan,

On 09/03/2021 20:11, Stefan Akatyschew wrote:
>>> core 1 is stuck at an IRQ intialisation routine (in irq/irq-gic.c) for
>> ditto?
> I can't really debug the second core somehow. Though Trace32 is supposed
> to step through core 0 and 1 simultaniously (in SMP), it does only work
> on core 0 for me. Trying to do that on core 1 results in bus error for me...
> All I see is it being stuck at : irq/irq-gic.c:157
> BSP_START_TEXT_SECTION void arm_gic_irq_initialize_secondary_cpu(void)

I would try to fix the debug issues on core 1 so that you can debug the
startup reliably. You can also contact the Lauterbach support.

 From the screenshots you see that core 0 waits for the core 1 to
perform some parts of the clock driver initialization. However, core 1
waits in a very early step for an initialized interrupt controller
(which was already done by core 0). Is the address of the GIC
Distributor all right on core 1? If you look at the register via the
Lauterbach peripheral view, is the Distributor enabled?

Maybe there is an issue with the MMU setup on core 1. You can check the MMU initialization with the Lauterbach. The GIC area has to be a Device memory.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER
email: sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de