GSoC Introduction

Matthew Joyce mfjoyce2004 at gmail.com
Wed May 19 14:09:01 UTC 2021

Hello RTEMS Community,

My name is Matt Joyce and it is a great honor for me to join you as a
2021 GSoC student developer! I'm a former active-duty US Army infantry
officer now serving part-time in the reserves. Since 2019 I've been
back in school pursuing a BS in Computer Science remotely at Oregon
State while based with my family in Berlin, Germany.

I see that there is a large group of RTEMS developers/users in
Germany, so one day I hope to be able to meet some of you in person,
too!

My project focuses on POSIX compliance. I plan to add multiple new
methods not currently supported by RTEMS with the intent to improve
application portability.
(https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/projects/?sp-search=Matthew%20Joyce#6686502693634048)
With your guidance, I am excited to dive in and put what I've been
learning to work and make my first real-world contributions to the
greater good.

Thank you very much for this opportunity!  I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely,

Matt