Statically allocated build

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue Sep 28 05:28:35 UTC 2021

Hello,

On 24/09/2021 20:08, Петр Борисенко wrote:
>   Hello everyone!
> I am currently creating a aerial robot application upon the arm/stm32f4 bsp
> (extending it, possibly will contribute soon)
> I have just moved from RTEMS5 to RTEMS6 and have a few questions.
> 1. I don't understand how to build a system fully statically allocated. For
> safety reasons I shouldn't use neither heap for the system objects nor
> dynamic loading.

if you don't use the unlimited objects option, then the Classic API
objects are statically allocated in RTEMS 6. You can construct tasks and
message queues with user-provided storage:

https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/c-user/task/directives.html#rtems-task-construct

https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/c-user/message/directives.html#rtems-message-queue-construct

The POSIX and C++ synchronization objects use user-provided storage.

> 2. I have just noticed that `__usrenv.c` has been compiled into my
> application. I don't understand how to disable it.

I would look at the linker map file. You probably use a file system.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER
email: sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de