Windows as a RTEMS dev environment

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Fri Apr 15 17:35:13 UTC 2022

On Fri, Apr 15, 2022 at 7:38 AM Matthew J Fletcher <amimjf at gmail.com> wrote:

> ok, https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/4547

dtc on windows is clearly not cared about by the Linux focused people who
developed and maintain it. For RTEMS, the best solution might be to disable
building it on msys/mingw. I think I had Ryan comment it out by hand the
last time he did a test build on msys/mingw. If you google this, you will
see
others not using RTEMS with similar issues.

Spaces in users names. I'll add that to the spaces in paths on the warnings
slide for the RTEMS Class. There are lots of things which can bite you which
are obvious in hindsight.

One of the most insidious is having a variable like LIB which is used in
build environments be set for MSVC. That will break a build pretty
weirdly also.

> Bit of a mess. Lets try again with Ubuntu, after that AIX !

Ubuntu will likely just be getting the required host packages installed.

AIX would be interesting. It still boils down to getting the required host
packages but there might be a wrinkle on that host. :)

--joel