Windows as a RTEMS dev environment

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Fri Apr 15 20:07:16 UTC 2022

On Fri, Apr 15, 2022 at 1:21 PM zhengxiaojun <jameszxj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >ok, https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/4547
> >

> Mingw64 has a pre-compiled dtc package, you can bypass the compilation.

That's good to know. That means we have two possible solutions:

(1) Disable dtc in RSB for mingw64. Possible downside on version
incompatibility

(2) Figure out what they did to build it and mirror that patch into the RSB
recipe.
https://packages.msys2.org/package/dtc?repo=msys&variant=x86_64 appears to
be
the package so perhaps the answer is in there.

An easy workaround is to comment out dtc in rtems-default.bset and load the
mingw package.

Thanks for the info.

--joel